Monday, February 20, 2012

Feb 17-Alphabet Photography

Class was so fun on Friday!
Photography is one of my favorite art mediums so I was really excited to teach the kids some tricks.
We sent out a permission slip to the parents asking the students to bring in their own digital cameras.
Almost all the kids brought in a camera but for those who didn't have one, we had a class set of 6 for those students to share.

I showed a short powerpoint about the basics of photography, focusing on some helpful tips.
We learned about the Rule of Thirds, finding unique angles, and checking our backgrounds when we shoot.

The assignment for the day was to find the letters in our name in the school.
We spit into four groups (thanks to the help of Parent Volunteers!) and wandered around, trying to find letters through out the building, inside the classroom, and out on the playground.

It was a fun little scavenger hunt! I think it was a good exercise to help the kids look more closely at the world around them, and to find art in the everyday.

Here's how I found my name, Emily:










We are going to use our name letters for the cover of the Poetry Book!

No comments:

Post a Comment